Friday 24 May 2013

A word about study habits.

This week's spelling/grammar test left a little to be desired. While I realize that the year is almost over, the weather is improving, and students are becoming excited for the summer holidays, it is equally important that students take their homework assignments seriously. This week, I stopped the spelling test halfway through as it became clear that more than half the class had not studied for it. Most students failed the test. Conversely, the two students who studied every night, received full marks. Each and every student in the class is capable of achieving an A if they apply themselves fully to the task assigned.
I apologize for the rant, however report cards are due to be written soon and poor performance in homework assignments will affect grades. I'm sure that we would all like to see our Grade 2 stars reach their full potential.
With that, I wish everyone a very happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment